What is laminated wood?
Over time, raw wood is prone to swelling and contracting and also to the appearance of deformities or cracks.
However, through a process of overlapping and gluing several wooden layers by pressing, laminated wood is obtained; it has the ability to annihilate each deformation and modification normally suffered by wood.
In addition, by using a waterproof adhesive, laminated wood becomes durable over time.
For its advantages, in present most parts of wood furniture or decorations have laminated wooden elements: from domestic furniture to the interior design of cars or even in sports and medical equipment.
Normally, laminated wooden products are maintained between 30 and 50 years. In this respect, the wood must be maintained, cleaned and annually checked.
Benefits of laminated wooden carpentry
Furnishing your home with laminated wooden carpentry can bring multiple benefits, including:
- Laminated wood enables the house to “breathe”: Laminated wooden windows and doors breathe, thus allowing regulation of humidity in rooms.
- Durability: laminated wood is resistant over time;
- In terms of heat transfer, laminated wood is one of the most recommended materials of construction, allowing high thermal insulation of the house;
- Provides elegance and style to houses;
- Used paints are ecologic and contain no toxic substancese;
- Products of laminated wood are easy to maintain – they require a minimum annual maintenance;
- The reliability of laminated wooden doors and windows.
Care of laminated wooden products
To enjoy the elegance and beauty of laminated wooden products as long as possible, we recommend a minimum annual care, as follows:
- Fittings shall be greased with oil in order to preserve their functionality and handling;
- Screw fixing of fittings shall be checked;
- The entire wooden surface shall be wiped with a wet cloth (Warning! Do not use chemicals that can dissolve the varnish or sharp objects);
- Window gaskets shall be also greased;
- The glass shall be cleaned with ordinary cleaning products;
In case of problems or malfunctions, it is recommended to ask for the company specialists.